TRANSITION TO WORK
Become part of a new service for talented young people who are striving to find work. The Gen-Z’s Transition to Work (TtW) service generates opportunities for young people aged 15 to 21 to build on their skills and talents, and engage in the world of work. We want to work with local employers to create solutions to their recruitment challenges, which will have the added benefit of reducing youth unemployment in our community.
Our TtW service provides young people with opportunities to develop personal, social and practical employability skills and to gain workplace experience. Ultimately participants will strive to achieve paid employment, whilst strengthening career networks for sustaining employment options into the future. Partnerships with employers, business leaders, government, education providers, service/sporting clubs and community networks are critical in assisting young people to engage and build the connections and networks necessary to become active community members.
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU
Once a TtW participant gains employment our dedicated EEO will provide support to ensure that the employment is sustained and that your needs are being met.
This service will include:
- Access to a pool of work ready young people who have been equipped to meet their local workforce needs, and actively seeking employer input on service design to ensure program rigour.
- A work experience program tailored to your organisation allowing you to ‘try before you buy’ and ensuring the young person is the right fit.
- Young people who have been schooled in presentation, attitude, punctuality, ambition, credentials/qualifications, communication and dependability prior to any interview being arranged.
- A comprehensive support program with practical interventions for up to 6 months after a person is placed into employment.
- Response to and mediation of workplace issues (e.g. absence/disciplinary issue).
- Mentoring of young people on-the-job.
- Workplace mentoring strategies to help you better support your young employee.
- Assistance to access suitable vocational training, programs and government initiatives.
- Coordination of wage subsidies or incentives.
- Liaison with apprenticeship services on apprentice and trainee sign-up to reduce time.
- A single point of contact, ensuring you receive a personalised and efficient service.
WORKING WITH US
You can partner with our TtW service in a variety of ways. These include, but are not limited to:
- Providing guest speakers
- Hosting work tasters and work experience placements delivering employability skills
- Workshops alongside qualified Gen-Z staff
- Participating in mock interviews and other learning activities around the recruitment process
- Filling a mentor role for individual participants or groups of participants
- Sponsorship of the service in return for recognition as a TtW Official Sponsor
- Employment of TtW participants, including under a traineeship or apprenticeship